Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learning and Leading



1.  The four dimensions used by J.P. Guilford to describe creativity are fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration.

2.  Elaboration is the one dimension that I think I struggle with the most.  I can be creative and original but sometimes I have a hard time laying on a bunch of layers.  When I do projects I do not include a lot of fluff.  I usually do what is required, with a little bit of extra flair, but I do not over elaborate.

3.  I think Twitter could be used in to help with elaboration and flexibility.  A teacher could tweet an idea then have the students tweet back with their thoughts, ideas, or add some details.  If the students tweet back with an appropriate hash-tag everything could be tied together nicely.

4.  I checked out the website Wordle.  I could definitely use this site in an ag classroom.  Wordle is a website where make word clods.  The first thing I thought about in how to use this site is having the class list all the animals you might find in a forest or all the tree species that are in that same forest.  Once these word clouds are made it would be easy for students to go back and quickly scan the lists to refresh their memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment